Our little adventure to Muir Woods’ Redwoods Forest #MuirWoods #redwoods
I have been living in the bay area for quite some time now. I just finally made it up to see the famous redwoods at Muir Woods. My friend Lynn came to visit and we went on a little adventure.
The redwood trees are truly stunning pieces of nature. They are so tall and distinctive. It’s a very gentle path and there’s quite a few trails leading from the main Muir Wood’s location. We ended up on the bootstrap trail which was much quieter outside of the redwood forest and we got a peek at a buck!
Tips for Muir Woods
1. You will need a car to drive there or on the weekends they have a bus
2. Bring cash for road tolls & admission
3. Go early on a weekday to avoid crowds & limited parking
4. Bring some water and a light snack (mostly for the ride over there in the car :P)
5. Bring a light jacket as the woods tend to be shaded and a bit chillier
>> Last but not least if possible, stop by SOL restaurant on the way back is a must!
The roads are very topsy-turvey around the Muir Woods area so be on the lookout for the signage. We took a bit of detour and it started to seem like an endless amount of curves!
Overall, I liked it so much I am thinking of bringing my grandparents the next time they are in town. I would highly recommend checking it out if you are in the area.